Arts, Benefits

Lot 49

When: Fri., March 24, 8-11 p.m. 2017

The Luminary's second installment of Lot 49 is not a celebration of the Thomas Pynchon novella The Crying of Lot 49. It is, rather, an art auction and celebration of local artists, as well as a fundraiser for the host institution. The name comes from the auction's financial plan: 51 percent of the money from the sale of each piece goes to the artist, while the remaining 49 percent stays with the Luminary (2701 Cherokee Street; More than 50 pieces are up for grabs by artists such as Eric Wesley, Jason Lazarus, Kahlil Irving and Lyndon Barrois Jr. Potential bidders can opt for the VIP cocktail reception and auction preview ticket ($50), which includes complimentary wine and beer, chef-prepared food, the chance to mingle with the artists and the first crack at bidding from 7 to 8 p.m. The public event ($10) runs from 8 to 11 p.m. and features interactive bidding, DJ sets and artist-designed-cocktails.

Paul Friswold

Price: $10-50