- Photo courtesy of Instagram / wanderlust314
- Mammatus clouds made an appearance over Belleville, Il.
The St. Louis area experienced some intense storms Wednesday, as storms rolled through in both the afternoon and evening. Naturally, St. Louis took to Instagram and Twitter to deploy the area's favorite hashtag, #stlwx — and with good reason. From the weirdest clouds we've ever seen to an ominous night sky, the weather was a sight to see — and we've compiled some of the best photos of right here.
- Photo courtesy of Instagram / annamusial06
- Talk about a big entrance.
- Photo courtesy of Instagram / maryvilleu
- Maryville University was one location that lost power during the storm on Wednesday.
- Photo courtesy of Instagram / debfene
- The view from Mansion House Apartments was gorgeous.
- Photo courtesy of Instagram / daniellesmyname
- This view of the evening's storm is actually rather pretty. You know, in a scary way.
- Photo courtesy of Instagram / gatewayarchnps
- Of course, the Arch couldn't be left out of the fun.
- Photo courtesy of Instagram / staciann213
- Of course, we all had to play the "my hail is bigger than your hail" game. We have to say, this hail in St. Charles was pretty impressive.
Our weather may be unpredictable, but we have to say, it knows how to put on one heck of a show.