The gifts are unwrapped. The stockings are unstuffed. Santa Claus is in a cookie-induced coma, and Christmas is over.
We don't mean to be totally bah-hum-bug over America's favorite winter holiday, but here at Daily RFT, we're glad to see an end to the Christmas carols and commercials that have been playing since October.
In honor of the fact that there are now 364 days until next Christmas, here are sixteen St. Louis cats and dogs who are super excited that Silent Night can now go silent.
1. This chihuahua recovering from a post-holiday hangover thanks to too much egg nog.
2. This terrier who does not understand why its wearing a dress.
3. This cat trying to get a new perspective on life after the holidays.
4. This puppy who hates the colors green and red.
5. This dog who does not understand what ducks have to do with the birth of Jesus.
6. This cat who hid from Christmas carolers inside its house.
7. This dog who is sick of being dressed up like Mrs. Claus because his dream is to be Rudolph.
8. This cat who is super sick of wearing costumes no matter how pretty she looks.
9. This tiny white creature in the arms of a Christmas enthusiast.
10. This dog, who is thinking, "Someone save me."
11. This kitteh who needs you to back. the. hell. up. with all that tinsel.
12. These cats who *will* fall out if you turn those Ted Drewes cups upside down.
13. This dog looking for the exit.
14. This dog who is scared of its own antlers.
15. This kitty who just wants to nap.
16. And finally, this cat trying to escape children on a sugar high from Christmas cookies.
Our small but mighty local team works tirelessly to bring you high-quality, uncensored news and cultural coverage of St. Louis and beyond.
Unlike many newspapers, ours is free – and we'd like to keep it that way, because we believe, now more than ever, everyone deserves access to accurate, independent coverage of their community.
Whether it's a one-time acknowledgement of this article or an ongoing pledge, your support helps keep St. Louis' true free press free.