The last two months have brought wave after wave of protests and demonstrations to the city of St. Louis. What started as an outpouring of grief and anger over the death of one black teen has grown into a movement known around the world.
But as the protests move from Ferguson to Shaw (to South Grand to political fundraisers to Walmart stores), Daily RFT has noticed a few overlapping consistencies among protesters young and old.
Want to know if you're a *real* Ferguson or Shaw protester? Here are fifteen tell-tale signs:
5. You've slept outside on a college campus without being drunk.6. You've made a fake press pass.
Now told that there is an undercover cop on the lot. #ferguson— deray mckesson (@deray) September 30, 2014
10. You carry milk, but you're lactose intolerant.
11. You're big on UStream.
12. You've asked a cop where his or her name badge is.
13. You've tweeted from inside a police van or ambulance.
- Courtesy of Mya Aaten-White
- A selfie Mya Aaten-White took in the ambulance on August 12, 2014.
14. You know how to pronounce Osagyefo Sekou.
15. You've signed up for more email newsletters and text alerts in the last two months than you ever have in your life.
Any signs we missed? Let us know in the comments!