"Where'd you get your hair done?"
When a lady hears that question, she doesn't want to respond with some barber-shop chain with a boring name like Quality Haircuts or Styles for Women. She wants to drop a name with as much flair and swag as her newly done coif.
Luckily, St. Louis is a treasure trove of creative hair-salon names that are just as exciting as your new hair extensions.
Here are the 29 hair salons in the St. Louis area with the best, most interesting, most creative names:
No one can beat Time of the Essence. We're not totally sure what it means, since we've only known to BE of the essence. But if you want your hair styled by Essence's Time, this is the place to go. Plus, it's next to Angelo's Pizza. Yum.
2. Allusions Hair Salon, Inc. Not only do they pride themselves on literary references, they're incorporated! This is the place to go if you want a pixie cut like Daisy Buchanan, golden curls like Amy March or an updo that would impress Mr. Darcy.
3. Lord's & Ladies Grammatically, this shop makes little sense, but that's half the fun. The Lord and his ladies welcome clients to this hair salon with a full set of knight's armor.
4. It's The Hair! This extension shop earns the title for the most literal-yet-not-boring hair salon name.
5. Another Perfect Image Unfortunately, this salon across from Crestwood Court has gone out of business. But it leaves you wondering what its first perfect image was.
The name comes from the French for "glory of women." We're sure the Jesus is Lord part is the hair salon's motto, of sorts, but we think there's a nice ring to saying the whole thing all at once.
7. Lemon Spalon It's a salon. It's a spa. It's a spalon.
He's the jack of all fades and the master of fun.
Head to page two for more of the best hair salon names in St. Louis. 9. De Vyne Styles Studio
This place is divine.
10. Uhuru Stylz "Uhuru" means freedom in Swahili and has been associated with independence movements in Africa as well as the black power movement here in the U.S. Pair it with the word "stylz"-with-a-Z, and it's a popular natural-hair salon in Shaw.
11. Exoneration Hair Gallery For anyone who's recently skipped out on a murder charge.
12. Blades on Washington Because everyone kept asking, "Where are your blades?"
13. Sip Salon Are it a cafe or a hair salon? No one's sure, but this is a perfect name for a salon known for offering coconut milk and stevia with its coffee and hot chocolate.
14. Show-Me Stylz Way to show your Missouri pride, stylerz.
15. Club Diva Salon For the Diva in us all.
16. Ambiance Salon Even if you don't like your haircut, at least it has a good ambiance.
17. A Company of Two
18. Youtopia Salon and Spa This place is a utopia for you!
Don't miss the third page. We saved some of the best for last. 19. Headlines Hair Studio
Maybe we're biased since we're journalists, but OF COURSE this is the name of this hair salon.
20. Tiff Loves Locks Need help with your locks? Tiff loves 'em.
21. Bouffant Daddy
22. Heads Unlimited It can style unlimited heads.
23. Tuscan Sky For someone who wants hair like an Italian sky, whatever that means.
24. Changes Salon and Spa For David Bowie fans.
25. Juju B's Is it named after the amazing drag queen from RuPaul's Drag Race?
26. Temptor Salon A salon for temptors, not temptresses or tempters.
28. Designed Images These hair styles didn't design themselves!
29. Sweet and Sassy Salon For too long, the sassy have had nowhere to go. The reign of the sweet ends here!
Support Local Journalism.
Join the Riverfront Times Press Club
Local journalism is information. Information is power. And we believe everyone deserves access to accurate independent coverage of their community and state. Our readers helped us continue this coverage in 2020, and we are so grateful for the support.
Help us keep this coverage going in 2021. Whether it's a one-time acknowledgement of this article or an ongoing membership pledge, your support goes to local-based reporting from our small but mighty team.
Join the Riverfront Times Club for as little as $5 a month.