Perhaps it was the Cardinals losing the World Series the night before. Or maybe it was the off-and-on rain falling all night. But 2013's Halloween in St. Louis was a real stinker. So were the jokes.
But, hey, we can't break with tradition. As RFT has done over the past several years, below are the best trick-or-treat jokes we heard this Halloween (as told by kiddies ages four to ten).
1. What is a vampire's favorite fruit? Neck-tarine.
2. What do skeletons say before dinner? Bone-appetit.
3. Where does a vampire store his valuables? A blood bank.
4. What instrument does a skeleton play? The trom-bone.
5. Why did the superhero flush the toilet? It was his doodie.
6. What did one lawyer say to the other lawyer? We're both lawyers!
7. What's brown and sticky? A stick.
And last, but not least....
8. Why did Imo's fire David Freese? He couldn't deliver!
Join the Riverfront Times Press Club
Local journalism is information. Information is power. And we believe everyone deserves access to accurate independent coverage of their community and state. Our readers helped us continue this coverage in 2020, and we are so grateful for the support.
Help us keep this coverage going in 2021. Whether it's a one-time acknowledgement of this article or an ongoing membership pledge, your support goes to local-based reporting from our small but mighty team.
Join the Riverfront Times Club for as little as $5 a month.