The closer St. Louis gets to the World Series, the more post-season rally jams pop up on YouTube in honor of the Cardinals.
Writing a cringe-worthy fan song takes more than finding rhymes for "Red October" and "Carlos Beltran." Take a few tips from our nine favorite Cardinals rally songs:
1. "The Chase Is On," Akoostik Sessions These guys are repeat offenders. This year, the south-county artists set shout-singing lyrics a few octaves above the singer's range to acoustic chords that probably got them laid in college. Don't miss the rap about their favorite players at 2:10.
2. "Thrift Shop Remix," Team Fredbird Mason and Remy At KSD (93.7 FM, the Bull) afternoon hosts Mason and Remy came up with a catchy cover of Macklemore and Ryan Lewis' pop hit, and they win the award for best shout-out to the beer man.
3. "Colby Rasmus Fire Burning in the Outfield," Nichole Geiger This one's an oldie but a goodie. Wannabe knockout Nichole shows off her best dancing-in-your-bedroom-with-the-door-closed moves in honor of her favorite player, Colby Rasmus, set to Sean Kingston's "Fire Burning." She even knows which seat she was in when he got his first walk-off. (She must be devastated that he's now a Toronto Blue Jay.)
4. "David Freese," Jama Jama, an amateur rapper from here in the Lou, dedicated this song to No. 23, saying the God told him Freese would lead the Cardinals to a World Series in 2012. Maybe God meant 2013... See also: 8 More Cringe-Inducing Fan-Made Songs About the St. Louis Cardinals 5. "St. Louis Cardinals Baseball Team Fan Song," the Bud Brothers Here's one for all you Allman Brothers fans out there. Listen to the Bud Brothers if you want to hear Dizzy Izzy and the Mad Hungarian turned into song lyrics, but you'll just have to forgive the lip-synching.
6. "Conquer the World," Prince Ea For as gangsta as Prince Ea's lyrics and style are, there are some adorable nature shots of real live cardinal birds in this video. The prince also wins the award for most self-promotion in a fan song.
7. "Birds," Shorty Da Prince With a style straight out of Murphy Lee's "St. Louis Niggaz," Shorty wins most STL-centric lyrics for: "STL/Home of Turner Tina/Rollin' Down a River/Yadier Molina." Careful: This one will have you singing, "Birds!" all day. 8. "Happy Flight," Quincy Jagher Dedicated to the home run and fly balls that soar out of Busch, Quincy Jagher answers the question you never had: What would Jack Buck's immortal "Go crazy, folks, go crazy" sound like remixed with a sickly sweet rap harmony?
9. "Cardinals Theme Song" mvppujols2k7 This is the hardest to sit through, even if you like the song it's based on, "I Gotta Feeling" by the Black Eyed Peas. Listen if you love shouting and a poor man's version of Fergie.
Bonus. "Dodgers Fight Song," Ryan Buckley In case you want to see how LA does it. At least Cardinals fans can come up with more than one line.
We only said we're the best fans in baseball -- not the best musicians.
What are your favorite Cardinals rally songs? Share 'em with us in the comments!