St. Louis Homicide No. 18: Charles Campbell, 33, Found Dead On MetroLink Platform



More gun violence claiming lives in the city of St. Louis this week -- with the eighteenth homicide of the year uncovered late last night on a MetroLink platform. The death of Charles Campbell, 33, comes one day after a 46-year-old man died at a gas station after he was shot in the abdomen and only a few days after the Mardi Gras festivities turned violent, prompting police officers to shoot and kill Otis Roberson, 32.

What happened to Campbell?

Police report that MetroLink Security reported that there shots fired on the platform at 2nd Street and Washington, the Laclede's Landing station.

When officers arrived, Campbell was lying on the platform with gunshot wounds to the chest and the groin. There wasn't even enough time to rush him to a hospital; he was pronounced dead on the scene.

Scene of the crime last night. - VIA GOOGLE MAPS

The investigation is ongoing and police say there are no suspects at this time.

Campbell was a 33-year-old black male, who lived on North 25th Street in East St. Louis.

See Also: - St. Louis Homicide No. 17: Stacey Adell, 46, Shot, Rushes To Gas Station For Help - Photos: Eight Worst St. Louis Crimes In January 2013 - St. Louis Homicides: Weekend of Violence Claims Three Men -- Nos. 12 - 14 of 2013

Send feedback and tips to the author. Follow Sam Levin on Twitter at @SamTLevin.

Support Local Journalism.
Join the Riverfront Times Press Club

Local journalism is information. Information is power. And we believe everyone deserves access to accurate independent coverage of their community and state. Our readers helped us continue this coverage in 2020, and we are so grateful for the support.

Help us keep this coverage going in 2021. Whether it's a one-time acknowledgement of this article or an ongoing membership pledge, your support goes to local-based reporting from our small but mighty team.

Join the Riverfront Times Club for as little as $5 a month.