Knock. Knock. The laugh riot is here.
Yesterday NPR ran a piece on St. Louis' somewhat unique custom
of requiring tricker-or-treaters to tell jokes on Halloween. Yours truly was interviewed for the story as an expert -- of sorts.
How was I chosen for the story? Because for the last couple years I've kept a running list of jokes
as told by the kids knocking on my door. Here, then, are the Top 10 jokes of 2011 in no particular order:
1. Why did the punk rocker cross the road? He was stapled to the chicken.
2. What did the big chimney say to the little chimney?
You're too young to smoke.
3. What key doesn't open a lock? A monkey.
4. What is the difference between aliens and jigsaw puzzles?One comes in peace, the other comes in pieces.
5. What's a wizard's favorite computer program? Spell check.
6. What is a black cat's favorite color? Purr-ple.
7. Who won the monster dance contest? The boogie man.
8. How do you make a handkerchief dance? Put a little boogie in it.
9. Why do ghosts love going to the bar? Because all the boo-ze!
10. Why did the star go behind the cloud? It had to twinkle.Bonus:
Wonder Woman. (Told by girl dressed like Wonder Woman. Never saw that one coming.)