Peter Kinder has friends in high places, too.
was just forwarded the invite to next week's "Lawyers for Kinder" fundraiser at Cafe Napoli in Clayton.
The list of sponsors for the September 29 event includes several prominent Missouri attorneys-turned-political-heavies, including:
- Catherine Hanaway, former U.S. Attorney for Eastern Missouri and speaker of the Missouri House
- John Danforth, former U.S. Senator
- Bill Corrigan, former Republican nominee for St. Louis County Executive
- John Diehl, Republican state rep. from Town & Country
- Stephen N. Limbaugh, a federal judge in Cape Girardeau and cousin of Rush Limbaugh
- Tim Jones, Republican state rep. from Eureka
- Jim Talent, former U.S. Senator
- Gene McNary, former St. Louis County Executive
Question is, though, will those attorneys combined raise the $100,000 that incumbent governor Jay Nixon received earlier this month from a solitary Clayton law firm
Invite appears after the jump...