- Prosecutors whipped out some incredible, new allegations this week.
New allegations surfaced yesterday involving the gruesome sex slave case
out of Missouri involving a woman allegedly held against her will since the age of sixteen.
On Tuesday federal prosecutors in Kansas City charged one of the men caught up in the case with attempting to kill the alleged slave -- now 24 years old -- to keep her from testifying. Bradley Cook of Kirkwood is also charged with attempting to intimidate another woman from testifying, a 24-year-old woman from eastern Missouri identified only as J.P.
Cook, 32, allegedly attempted on two occasions -- October 3 and October 8 -- to arrange for the murder from behind prison bars. (He's being held without bail.
) Revelation of the murder-for-hire plot came in a superseding indictment that also laid out sordid new allegations in the case against Ed Bagley Jr.
-- the man authorities are calling the slave's "master" -- and others allegedly involved.
The slave's plight first came to light in February 2009 when the woman -- then just 22 -- had a heart attack allegedly as a result of electronic torture and was hopitalized. Among the other new allegations revealed this week (not for the squeamish), authorities claim:
- Bagley and his wife, Marilyn, told the 16-year-old runaway that they could live with them in December 2002
- Soon thereafter they had her modeling "slave" clothes and Bagley allegedly began having sex with the girl
- At 18 the girl signed a slave contract with the Bagleys and was tattooed with a bar code on her neck
- Bagley allegedly sewed the slave's vagina and urinary opening closed from February 2004 through December 2005
- Marilyn Bagley was allegedly photographed torturing the slave, including "full vaginal penetration with her fist."
- The Bagleys allegedly denied the girl medical care, instead treating her at home with animal antibiotics
- Abortions were performed on the woman with clothes hangers and a vacuum
- Cook stands accused of downloading images of the slave onto his computer and sending Bagley images of himself torturing women at his Kirkwood home
- Cook allegedly had sex with the slave on multiple occasions and rewarded Bagley for the opportunity by providing him with a hard drive of BDSM images and a video on how to bury someone alive.
Cook has also been alleged to have tried to have the prosecutor in the case -- Assistant U.S. Attorney Cynthia Cordes -- killed. That that allegation does not appear in the most recent indictment (below) in which Cordes remains the prosecutor of record. Related Content: Superseding Indictment Sex Slave