Pro Tip: Don't Use Your Gas Oven to Heat Your House!

by

comment
Warming up via carbon monoxide ain't COsher. - IMAGE VIA
  • Image via
  • Warming up via carbon monoxide ain't COsher.
Gets us nauseous just thinkin' on it.

Originally, the problem at Keisha Davis' house in Cahokia was that the furnace was broken. So on Sunday, the mother of four tried a little ingenuity: use the oven! But here's what happened, according to her interview with KSDK Channel 5 :
"My head started getting light headed. My boys' stomachs were hurting. My daughter was sitting at the table gagging. And about this time the carbon monoxide detector went off. So we just left immediately. Got the baby and we got out."
The clan spent the night in the hospital on oxygen. They're back home now. But bad news: the furnace is still broken.

Support Local Journalism.
Join the Riverfront Times Press Club

Local journalism is information. Information is power. And we believe everyone deserves access to accurate independent coverage of their community and state. Our readers helped us continue this coverage in 2020, and we are so grateful for the support.

Help us keep this coverage going in 2021. Whether it's a one-time acknowledgement of this article or an ongoing membership pledge, your support goes to local-based reporting from our small but mighty team.

Join the Riverfront Times Club for as little as $5 a month.