Is it a bull, or a bear?
The Missouri Department of Economic Development is out with its latest jobs report
. The Bad News?
- Missouri lost 6,400 non-farm payroll jobs in February.
- About a quarter million Missourians were jobless last month.
- Our unemployment rate inched up from 8.1 in January to 8.3 in February.
- Our unemployment rate is above the national average.
But wait! There's a silver lining -- sort of...
The Mildly Good News?
The Moral of this Story?
- Sure, we lost 6,400 non-farm payroll jobs last month, but we were
losing an average of 11,500 per month in November, December and
January. So we're losing fewer jobs. Do I smell a rally?....Is it
possible to smell a rally?
- Missouri's unemployment rate did see an uptick of two-tenths of a
percentage point. But that uptick was "far less" than that of the
previous month, the press release says.
- It could be worse...actually, it already has been worse.