The St. Louis Metropolitan Police Department just released its final numbers from Saturday's Mardi Gras celebration in Soulard.
The police, City Excise Division and State Liquor Control issued a total of 116 charges against individuals. Officials say the number of arrests this year were comparable to previous Mardi Gras' in St. Louis.
A Soulard flasher caught on film.
Curiously, not one person was cited for indecent exposure this year despite the rampant public nudity at Mardi Gras. I guess officials turn the other cheek -- so to speak -- to that offense.
Here's the official run down of charges:
- 68 Minors in Possession of Alcohol
- 17 Urinating in Public
- 12 False Identification
- 4 DUI's
- 4 Supplying Alcohol to Minor
- 3 General Peace Disturbance
- 2 Resisting Arrest
Assault on a Law Enforcement Officer (an officer was punched and an
officer was spit on while attempting to take a man into custody)
- 1 Selling Liquor without a License
- 1 3rd Degree Assault (a man got into a fight with a friend and punched him)
- 1 Property Damage (a man got into a fight at a friend's Soulard home and damaged a window at the home)
- 1 Marijuana Possession