Not totally satisfied with your weekend itinerary? Never fear, Go! is here! This regular feature delivers the top nine can’t-miss activities to complete your fun-seeking agenda. Looking for live music? Here's your St. Louis weekend concert calendar.
1. The May Gallery (8300 Big Bend Boulevard) is hosting the opening reception for photographer Chad Schneider's collection "New York is a Friendly Town" from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Friday. The grittiness of these photos make one feel as if she's hailing a cab in the rain in the Big Apple except, it's free. Call 314-246-7673 for more information.
2. The House of Comedy (801 North 2nd Street) hosts Comics for Obama Friday (8 p.m. & 10:30 p.m.), Saturday (8 p.m. and 10:30 p.m.) and Sunday (8:30 p.m.). For $20 see comics like Matt Collins, Vanessa Fraction and Jovan Bibbs. Call 314-241-5233 for more information.
3. The A.E. Hotchner Playwriting Festival culminates this weekend with free staged reading at the A.E. Hotchner Studio Theatre in the Mallinckrodt Student Center (6445 Forsyth Boulevard). See what the Wash U kids have been creating at 7 p.m. on Friday: Better, 2 p.m. Saturday: All at Once, 7 p.m. Saturday: Candlestick. Call 314-935-5858 for more information.
4. The Taste of the Vineyard international wine event benefiting Variety, an organization serving children with physical and mental disabilities, is from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. on Saturday at Third Degree Glass Factory (5200 Delmar Boulevard). Sample appetizers from local restaurants and wines from Chile, South Africa, Australia, Spain and The U.S. Tickets are $40 in advance, $45 at the door. Call 314-953-0453 ex 121 or click here for more information.
5. The 33rd Annual Chili Cook Off and Salsa Competition is 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday at Westport Plaza. Taste from 50 cooking teams' samples at 50 cents each. Awards will be given for best Red Chili, White Chili, Chili Verde and Vegetarian chili. A $5 donation is requested and all proceeds will benefit the National Kidney Foundation. Call 314-961-2828 for more information.
6. The KMOX Jazz and Wine Festival is from 1 p.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday in Faust Park in Chesterfield. Twenty dollars for local food from restaurants like Villa Farotto, live music from the Anita Rosamond Band -- and wines from vineyards like the St. James Winery.
7. David Grisman and John Sebastian are at The Sheldon at 8 p.m. on Saturday. Their first recording was during the folk revival in the 1960's and now the mandolin and guitar players are back playing traditional folk and blues. Tickets: $40 orchestra, $35 balcony. Call 314-534-1111 for ticket information.
8. Bad Boy Billl and Alex Peace will be at Dante's Club (3221 Olive Boulevard) from 9 p.m. to 3 a.m. Saturday. Full capacity is expected since these DJs are so popular. Tickets are $20 at the door or $15 in advance. Click here for more information.
9. Mount Pleasant Winery (5643 High Street) is hosting the 2008 Chef's Wine Country Barbecue event from 1 p.m to 4 p.m. on Sunday. Thirty top chefs from St. Louis's private clubs and restaurants will be preparing tapas style dishes of fish, meats, vegetables and desserts for Chefs de Cuisine Education Foundation and ACF Chef and Child Foundation. Tickets are $50 per person, children under ten are free. Call 636-482-WINE for more information.