We don't know about you, but Unreal was thirsty for more after reading the St. Louis Post-Dispatch's "exclusive interview" with InBev chief/Anheuser-Busch bidder Carlos Brito. In his informal meeting with the daily, Brito (dressed in a shirt with no tie!) discussed his dedication to St. Louis, his love of Cardinals baseball and his fondness for draft horses with white ankles.
The chairman of the Belgian-based beer giant went on to describe Budweiser as "America in a bottle."
Which led Unreal to wonder: What does that make Natty Light? "Sauget in a can?"
Here are a few more questions we plan to ask Brito as soon as he calls us back:
• Which goes better with a cold Budweiser: Belgian chocolate or Belgian waffles?
• Can you say: "InBev Park at Busch Stadium"?
• When can we expect a "Today we salute you, Mr. Corporate Takeover Architect" Real Men of Genius spot?
• Would you please bring back Spykes? We miss Hot Melons!
• Given your desire to make Budweiser a global brand, are you making the "Bud Bowl" a soccer match instead of a football game?
• So, tiger, what's your "Born On Date"?
Support Local Journalism.
Join the Riverfront Times Press Club
Local journalism is information. Information is power. And we believe everyone deserves access to accurate independent coverage of their community and state. Our readers helped us continue this coverage in 2020, and we are so grateful for the support.
Help us keep this coverage going in 2021. Whether it's a one-time acknowledgement of this article or an ongoing membership pledge, your support goes to local-based reporting from our small but mighty team.
Join the Riverfront Times Club for as little as $5 a month.