Getcha, getcha, getcha, getcha, getcha freak on!
All photos by Jacob Katel Welcome to Twerklandia.
We all know that there are lots of ways to become immortalized at a massive outdoor music gathering like Ultra Music Festival.
But yo' momma would probably prefer if you lived forever among these top ten twerking, Harlem Shake-ing ravers at Ultra 2013 in animated GIF form!
10. Twerk Au Natural Dancing to: Major Lazer Now that's what you call air conditioning.
9. Harlem (Belly) Shake Dancing to: Major Lazer No joke -- this dude literally had the 10,000-strong amphitheater audience screaming for him.
8. Balla' Rina Dancing to: Benny Benassi And if anybody ever talks shit about tutus again, just show them this picture on the Wikipedia page for "sexy and awesome"
7. Global Village People Dancing to: Laidback Luke In the native Ultrarian culture, this dance calls down perfect storms of bass.
6. O Face Dancing to: 12th Planet Physiological signs of aural orgasm include rapid hip convulsion, arching of the back, and muscular constriction, followed by massive feeling of release
5. I See Wet People Dancing to: Laidback Luke And if you would have answered the Craigslist ad for "Aquatic Engineer Miami," this job could have been yours.
4. Burqueños Dancing to: Benny Benassi This crew hails from the city of the Breaking Bad, and they party harder than a fresh batch of Heisenberg. One time for the Lobos landed up in the MIA.
3. EDM Fitness
Dancing to: Magda
With only ten reps of "soul house," five sets of "trance lifts," and 30 intense minutes of "air keys" a day, you too can achieve the ideal party body.
2. Hoop There It Is Dancing to: Bingo Players Ring dancing goes back thousands of years. But Richard Knerr and Arthur "Spud" Melin, inventors of the modern plastic hula hoop: Holey fuckin' thank you.
1. The First Lady Of Twerkistan Dancing to: Major Lazer And as for the terms ay ay ay, oooooowwwwweeee, and wubba wubba wubba, here's why they were invented.
See Also: -The 13 Most Hardcore Ravers at Ultra, in GIF Form -Ultra 2013: Bras as Shirts and Other Top Fashion Trends -The Ten Biggest Concert Buzzkills: An Illustrated Guide -The 15 Most Ridiculous Band Promo Photos Ever
Support Local Journalism.
Join the Riverfront Times Press Club
Local journalism is information. Information is power. And we believe everyone deserves access to accurate independent coverage of their community and state. Our readers helped us continue this coverage in 2020, and we are so grateful for the support.
Help us keep this coverage going in 2021. Whether it's a one-time acknowledgement of this article or an ongoing membership pledge, your support goes to local-based reporting from our small but mighty team.
Join the Riverfront Times Club for as little as $5 a month.