Most people weren't focused on costume excellence at Booty Halloween 9 this weekend at the Scottish Rite Cathedral. How could they be while preoccupied with the prospect of Crystal Method blowing their minds? Still: 'Tis the season, and those who decided to go a bit beyond the tutu and fur boots deserve their due. Here are the top ten costumes that went above and beyond or just freaked me out enough that I couldn't get their image out of my head (the theme was "Let's get weird," after all). Check back tomorrow for a full recap of the night.
10. Come on, there was bound be at least one DeadMau5 at a Halloween themed rave. Thankfully there was only one. So, this guy gets props for dressing appropriately and making sure someone covered all the EDM bases.
9. What better than to go as a glo-stick? Speaking of covering the bases...
8. Next year, he's updating to a flat screen.
7. There were fifteen of these guys running around. Talk about planning. Also, there's nothing wrong with a little eye candy for the ladies.
6. Surprised to see fur at an EDM show? Nope. Surprised to see people take it to the next level with full fuzzy blankets? YipYipYipYipYipYipYipYipYipYipYipYip
5. Being schooled in the teaches of Peaches and only strangers are allowed to touch.
4. You can really see breast bone on this skeleton.
3. Proving you can make the sexy version of pretty much anything.
2. There are no words.
1. Someone told me it's a Japanese cartoon. I took their word for it. Frankly, hand stilts win every time.