The following is a dispatch from Outside Lands Festival in San Francisco, from our sister paper, SF Weekly.
One thing crowds at San Francisco's Outside Lands festival do pretty well is get down.
Despite the relentless wind, heavy fog, and numbing temperatures, we saw plenty of good moves last weekend -- and some ridiculously silly enthusiasm from certain crowd members. (It helped that Big Boi stuck to playing his bass-heavy hits.)
Here, compiled and edited by Ian S. Port and Andrew Nilsen, are the six funniest moves we saw at Outside Lands -- in GIF form, naturally.
5. "Hooooold On" To understand the level of crowd enthusiasm for Alabama Shakes and its breakout hit, take this guy and multiply him by 17,419.
4. Big Boi's Biggest Fan One thought as to why this lady was swaggin' so hard during the OutKast member's set: She is Ms. Jackson.
3. Pretty in Pink Know why rock bands don't have cheerleading squads? Us neither.
2. He Goes Around and Around and Around and Around Finally, an audience member as inexhaustible as Thee Oh Sees are.
1. It's Never Too Cold For a Dude in a Halter Top One day, you'll think back on all the fun you could have had if you'd been just been a bit less uptight. This guy will just remember all the fun he had.
Support Local Journalism.
Join the Riverfront Times Press Club
Local journalism is information. Information is power. And we believe everyone deserves access to accurate independent coverage of their community and state. Our readers helped us continue this coverage in 2020, and we are so grateful for the support.
Help us keep this coverage going in 2021. Whether it's a one-time acknowledgement of this article or an ongoing membership pledge, your support goes to local-based reporting from our small but mighty team.
Join the Riverfront Times Club for as little as $5 a month.