by A to Z
You already know: June 4th (next Saturday), Washington Avenue, $5, a ten-pound burrito challenge worth of quality music. And because we know a) you'll have to make some decisions and b) you may (understandably) not know where to start, we've set the RFT music writing brain trust to the task of coming up with the ten must-see acts of this year's Showcase. Each of the slightly sleep-deprived and hearing-lost people who write this section every week contributed his or her picks and we used math and spreadsheets to mash them all into one totally objective, definitely unassailable list.
Important note: There is no bad music at this year's showcase. Everyone playing was nominated because we think they're doing good things -- we still fully endorse a day of aimless wandering from venue to venue. Think of this as one possible starting point, if aimless isn't really your bag.
10. The Humanoids 1:15 a.m., Hair of the Dog
8 (tie). Bunnygrunt 10:45 p.m., Hair of the Dog
8 (tie). Flaming Death Trap 9:15 p.m., The Dubliner (Main Floor)
7. Kentucky Knife Fight Midnight, Hair of the Dog
6. Pretty Little Empire 9:30 p.m., Copia Urban Winery & Market
5. Black James 7 p.m., Hair of the Dog
4. Sleepy Kitty 5:45 p.m., Outdoor Stage at 11th and Washington
3. The Blind Eyes 8:15 p.m., The Side Bar
2. Theodore 7:45 p.m. The Dubliner (Main Floor)
And number one...
Honorable Mention Ellen the Felon Doom Town Dubb Nubb Needles Ra Cailum Jay Fay Cassie Morgan & the Lonely Pine Prince EA Tight Pants Syndrome Teresajenee