Last year, Blues City Deli (2438 McNair, 314-773-8225) made Yelp's list of the top 100 places to eat in the U.S. But this year, the beloved Benton Park sandwich shop did one better — it earned a slot in the top 10. Score!
Yelp's annual list is generated by its users, but it's not as simple as racking up a five-star rating. To make the grade, a restaurant needs to both get high volume and high scores.
But as anyone who's seen the lines outside of Blues City Deli can attest, the shop has no problem drawing passionate customers. Their positive ratings, left in volume, were enough to propel the blues-themed eatery to No. 10 in the whole nation.
And Blues City Deli wasn't the only south city restaurant to make the cut. Joining the sandwich shop on the list was Bogart's Smokehouse, which clocked in at No. 52.
We've listed the top ten restaurant below. For the complete list, check out Yelp's blog
1. TKB Bakery & Deli – Indio, CA
2. Little Miss BBQ – Phoenix, AZ
3. Aviva by Kameel – Atlanta, GA
4. Yo-Way – Gardena, CA
5. Arun’s Indian Kichen – Coral Springs, FL
6. Mr & Mrs Bun – Miami, FL
7. Frenchman’s Cafe – Kailua-Kona, HI
8. Fratellino – Coral Gables, FL
9. Ciao! Pizza And Pasta – Chelsea, MA
10. Blues City Deli – Saint Louis, MO
We welcome tips and feedback. Email the author at email@example.com