by Nancy Stiles
We've said it before, and we'll say it again: Instagram was practically made for pictures of food. Gut Check has rounded up our favorite foodie accounts in St. Louis, but there are so many cool photos every week, we wanted to share what St. Louis' best chefs, bartenders and eaters are Instagramming. If you see a good one, send it to us!
1. Gooey-Butter Filled "Mini Vinnies" with Chocolate and Ganache at Vincent Van Doughnut
We recently profiled VVD's "Mini Vinnies" in our Sugar High series -- isn't obvious why?
2. Pork and Pears at Salume Beddu
This may be the finest example of alliteration we have ever seen.
3. Gua Bao at Hiro Asian Kitchen
It's pork belly sandwiched in between steamed bread. Hiro is full of things we didn't even know we wanted.
4. "Pregnancy Pie" by Dessert for Two
We'll take a piece, please.
5. Fennel and Grappa Cured Cobia at Cielo
This is part of the new spring menu at Cielo, but we're more excited about eating it on that magnificent rooftop now that it's warm.
6. Macaron at La Patisserie Chouquette
We really don't need to tell you how much we love these macarons.
7. "Tuna Fish Sandwich" at Sidney Street Cafe
Have you ever seen a tuna sandwich this pretty?
8. Sriracha Maple Bacon Deviled Eggs at the Wood
Double your pleasure, double your fun.
9. The Libertine Brat at Brasserie
Just picture it: Josh Galliano and Gerard Craft.
10. Seafood Crepe at Bocci Bar
Again, how did we not know this was a thing?
Gut Check is always hungry for tips and feedback. E-mail the author at Nancy.Stiles@RiverfrontTimes.com.
Follow Nancy Stiles on Twitter: