In 2014, Instagram had 300 million active users who posted about 70 million photos every day. A lot of those are, obviously, images of food (if only we knew exactly how many -- probably 65 million?).
Knowing how popular it is to whip out one's smartphone before actually digging in, start up company MyFab5, creator of a new restaurant review app, obtained some St. Louis-specific data directly from Instagram for this year. Using the photos that were geotagged, their data wizards were able to determine which local restaurants, breweries and coffeehouses were the most Instagrammed of 2014.
1. Strange Donuts (2709 Sutton Boulevard, Maplewood; 314-932-5851) No. of Instagrams: 561
A photo posted by Strange Donuts (@strangedonuts) on
2. Perennial Artisan Ales (8125 Michigan Avenue; 314-631-7300) No. of Instagrams: 324
3. Sump Coffee (3700 South Jefferson Avenue; 917-412-5670) No. of Instagrams: 314
A photo posted by ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Matthew Piva (@pivasan) on
4. Bogart's Smokehouse (1627 South 9th Street; 314-621-3107) No. of Instagrams: 304
A photo posted by Erica Eckman (@everythingerica) on
5. Broadway Oyster Bar (736 South Broadway; 314-621-8811) No. of Instagrams: 293
Jumbo Alaskan Snow Crab here on special @OysterBarStl ! #broadwayoysterbar #stlfoodie #yum #stlrestaurants #foodporn #bestrestaurantsstl #bestseafoodstl #nomnomnom #yum #getinmybelly #jumboalaskansnowcrab
A photo posted by Broadway Oyster Bar (@oysterbarstl) on
6. 4 Hands Brewing Co. (1220 South 8th Street; 314-436-1559) No. of Instagrams: 288
A photo posted by Tom Riti (@tomriti) on
7. The Shaved Duck (2900 Virginia Avenue; 314-776-1407) No. of Instagrams: 276
A photo posted by @tasty_kc on
8. Pappy's Smokehouse (3106 Olive Street; 314-535-4340) No. of Instagrams: 262
A photo posted by @ironmaigen on
9. Fortune Teller Bar (2635 Cherokee Street; 314-776-2337) No. of Instagrams: 247
Coffee cocktails colab with @thefortunetellerbar and @arthousecoffees is an amazing way to treat a hangover Breakfast manhattan: -koval oat whiskey, byrrh grand quinquina, bitt's cold press coffee concentrate, FTB barrel-aged bitters #cocktails #mixology
A photo posted by Zack Minarick (@_littlezack_) on
10. Schlafly Bottleworks (7260 Southwest Avenue, Maplewood; 314-241-2337) No. of Instagrams: 244
A photo posted by Schlafly Beer (@schlaflybeer) on
Support Local Journalism.
Join the Riverfront Times Press Club
Local journalism is information. Information is power. And we believe everyone deserves access to accurate independent coverage of their community and state. Our readers helped us continue this coverage in 2020, and we are so grateful for the support.
Help us keep this coverage going in 2021. Whether it's a one-time acknowledgement of this article or an ongoing membership pledge, your support goes to local-based reporting from our small but mighty team.
Join the Riverfront Times Club for as little as $5 a month.