by Nancy Stiles
We've said it before, and we'll say it again: Instagram was practically made for pictures of food. Gut Check has rounded up our favorite foodie accounts in St. Louis, but there are so many cool photos every week, we wanted to share what St. Louis' best chefs, bartenders and eaters are Instagramming. If you see a good one, send it to us!
1. Persimmons at Yellowtree Farm
This is why people love farm-to-table. Just look at that!
2. Josh Galliano's Berger Bluff parsnip soup
This soup is all autumn. We can already feel it warming our bellies.
3. French toast at Rooster South Grand
Now this is a breakfast.
4. Fig leaves at Dirty Girl Farms.
To be made into ice cream and a tincture.
5. Whitefish from Niche
Now we know what happened to that beautiful fish from last week...
6. Atlantic skate wing at the Crossing
A perfect November dish.
7. Winter Wheat Ale at Main & Mill Brewery
This Festus craft brewery isn't open yet, but Instagrams like this are making it hard to wait.
8. Caramel apple pie doughnut at Strange Donuts
Move over, apple pie.
9. Rick Lewis at Peacemaker
Not only are the lobsters at Peacemaker delicious, we love how supportive the St. Louis culinary community is.
10. The pizza line at Pastaria
It's a well-oiled machine.
Gut Check is always hungry for tips and feedback. E-mail the author at Nancy.Stiles@RiverfrontTimes.com.
Follow Nancy Stiles on Twitter: