Fire Strikes Mathew's Kitchen

by

comment
IAN FROEB
  • Ian Froeb
Firefighters responded early this morning to Mathew's Kitchen (5625 Hampton Avenue; 314-351-1700), a new restaurant in the St. Louis Hills neighborhood of south city, according to multiple media reports.

KMOV reports that the cause of the fire was towels left in a dryer overnight. Both KMOV and KSDK report that there were no injuries, and that firefighters contained the blaze quickly.

No word on damages yet. I have a call into owner and chef Mathew Unger. More as I learn it.

Support Local Journalism.
Join the Riverfront Times Press Club

Local journalism is information. Information is power. And we believe everyone deserves access to accurate independent coverage of their community and state. Our readers helped us continue this coverage in 2020, and we are so grateful for the support.

Help us keep this coverage going in 2021. Whether it's a one-time acknowledgement of this article or an ongoing membership pledge, your support goes to local-based reporting from our small but mighty team.

Join the Riverfront Times Club for as little as $5 a month.