Slapstick comedy is always good for a laugh, and it seems someone was trying to lighten the mood this morning in Parliament. Billionaire, cradle-robber and News Corp. chairman Rupert Murdoch appeared for a hearing on the News International phone-hacking scandal. We won't bore you with the details (tabloid allegedly begins hacking sources' phones for leads; moves to the Royal family, a murder victim and relatives of dead soldiers; scandal's whistleblower turns up dead) but long story short, instead of egg on his face, Murdoch, whose company owned the now-closed rag, ended up with pie. The hearing was interrupted when someone physically attacked the media giant with a pie tin full of shaving cream.
Gut Check does our journalism the right way, sans phone-hacking, but throwing pies in people's faces is so 1920s Laurel-and-Hardy. Here's a list of five trendy foods we'd chuck at Murdoch, given the chance.
5. A Stinky Tinkle pie from Wanderlust Pizza OK, so technically this is still in the pie family. But food trucks are all the rage, and this pizza from the roving pie wagon perhaps best expresses our sentiments toward Murdoch.
4. Something off the menu at the latest restaurant trend, breastaurants Anything from Canz will do -- as long as it's a food item and not a pair of double D's.
3. Ozark sushi It's hip to eat them raw, but maybe we'd cook them for Murdoch first.
2. Ghost-pepper wings from Market Pub House This one isn't exactly a trend, but based on our experience with the dish, it's going to leave a lasting impression.The culinary equivalent to MACE, it would surely get us thrown out of court.
1. (Insert dish name) by Niche