Let's celebrate Jesus' resurrection by gorging on candy! Makes perfect sense. There were Cadbury Creme Eggs in the cave when they rolled away the rock on the third day, right?
Probably not. But that's not going to stop us, or the great American marketing machine that has created some of the most adorably sweet commercials for the sweetest of holidays.
And some of the most horrifying.
We're not sure Jesus would do it this way.
6. M&M's set the standard for tooth-rotting adorability and good manners in Easter advertising. Bawk! Bawk!
5. Cadbury has been doing the inter-species thing for years, still airing the same Creme Egg commercials with rabbits making non-rabbit noises. In the early '80s, they got their Mini Eggs in on some cute but chirpy action.
3. Carvel ice cream just had to bring a creepy, squeaky, chatty little duck ice cream cake to the party. Call the toll-free number and this little freak is all yours! They accept all major credit cards. Except Visa, MasterCard and American Express.
4. Then Fannie May had to get sadistic, denying a cute little bun-bun his candy. Assholes!
2. We're not sure who this Mary Sue person is. What we do know is she's a sociopath who's willing to make children scream in terror by threatening to Big Wheel a bunny, just to sell some off-brand chocolate eggs.
1. Seeing the horror M&M's cooked up with its "Holidays" line will make you long for tire tread in bunny fur.
Support Local Journalism.
Join the Riverfront Times Press Club
Local journalism is information. Information is power. And we believe everyone deserves access to accurate independent coverage of their community and state. Our readers helped us continue this coverage in 2020, and we are so grateful for the support.
Help us keep this coverage going in 2021. Whether it's a one-time acknowledgement of this article or an ongoing membership pledge, your support goes to local-based reporting from our small but mighty team.
Join the Riverfront Times Club for as little as $5 a month.