Working out is one of the best ways women get fit, stay in shape, and feel good about themselves. The exercise and putting the body in motion have many health benefits, including mental as well as physical. But a lot of times, the workouts aren’t just about feeling better, but they are about looking great.
Say summer is quickly approaching, and you’re dealing with the extra pounds you put on during the winter months. It’s time to get back into shape and show off that bikini body once again, but you have to do it fast if you want to get to the beach in time.
One of the best ways to do that is to take a pre-workout supplement to prepare your body for a fantastic workout. These supplements can help shed off the pounds faster and even help show off some of your muscles.
What exactly are they, and what brands can you trust? We’re going to go over how to choose a good brand, three brands that we’ve chosen, and why.
Top 3 Pre-Workout Supplements for Women
What Is Our Selection Process?
- Blackwolf Huntress Trail - Specially Formulated for Women
- 4 Gauge - Strongest Pre-Workout for Women
- Performance Lab SPORT Pre - Best for Women Athletes
It’s not easy to find only three brands to suggest, but after a lot of time and research, we found what we think is the best. But how did we do it?
What helped us to make the decisions that we are going to show you? It comes down to three deciding factors:
We wanted to find pre-workout supplements that come packed full of ingredients that aim towards doing their jobs. It means only ingredients that help prepare the female body for the best workouts and help with those fast slim downs.
We wanted ingredients that helped boost the workout process and results, but we also wanted to make sure they wouldn’t work in any way to reverse the results. It means no artificial sweeteners or sugars that should be avoided in times of losing weight.
Where It’s Sold
It can be a pain these days to get out to buy your products, so we wanted to ensure you can get your pre-workout supplement without needing to leave your house. All of these products come with the option to buy online, and some even ship for free.
You can keep yourself and your family safe by not leaving the house, and you still get to stick to your workout routines with the help of your pre-workout supplements. Get your products, then get busy on getting that summer body in check.
We did our best to find pre-workouts that come at affordable prices that anyone can afford, all without sacrificing quality and results. No one deserves to suffer the lack of good supplements just because they can’t afford it, and we wanted to avoid leaving anyone out.
Does this mean these products aren’t as good as others out there? Of course not! They are still highly reviewed with plenty of testimonials that claim results.
A lower price does not mean a lesser product; in fact, some more expensive products out there don’t have nearly as good reviews as what we’re going to show you.
Price isn’t everything, but ingredients and availability are. But we looked at all three of these factors to come up with our list. So, what did we decide on?
The Blackwolf Huntress
line is a supplement stack that was made specifically for women. Blackwolf understands that women's bodies work differently than men's, and they require a different formula to get the results they seek.
Though this line comes with a supplement for pre, intra, and post-workout, we are here to specifically discuss the pre-workout and how it can help you. Trail is the name of the pre-workout supplement, and its main purpose is to increase your energy levels and boost your endurance.
The Trail is made to be used by all athletes and any woman seeking to gain their focus for their upcoming workout. No matter the reason you are working out, whether to boost your strength, endurance, or speed, Trail is there to help you prepare for it.
First, we’ll take a look at a few of the 20 active ingredients in Blackwolf Trail Huntress, and why they work to increase your focus and energy levels for your future workout.
Click here to See the Full List of Ingredients on the Blackwolf Website.
How Does it Work?
- L-leucine: L-Leucine is the primary BCAA (Branched Chain Amino Acid) and is important for protein synthesis and other metabolic functions in the human body. Being the strongest of the three BCAA, it’s essential in building muscles in the body, and it also helps to lower blood sugar levels and keep them balanced.
- L-valine: Another of the three BCAA, L-valine, works to build muscle in the body and maintain mental vigor and calming emotions. Though it's not as strong as Leucine, it's still vital in the formula because of its muscle growth and stress-relieving properties. This amino acid is essential in boosting energy levels.
- Isoleucine: The final BCAA, Isoleuicine, is well known for its ability to muscle building properties. It works to rebuild and repair damaged muscles as well as strengthening them. Furthermore, it boosts the body's endurance levels and helps the body to recover from intense workouts.
- Taurine: Taurine is popular in any supplement that works to help with workouts and burning fat. Even though Taurine doesn’t help with building muscle, it acts as an antioxidant and protects the cells from damage due to oxidation. It is also key to improve your focus because it boosts your overall mental performance.
- Beta-Alanine: Beta-Alanine is a non-essential amino acid that works to enhance performance during workouts. It does this by decreasing your muscles’ fatigue and increasing the capacity your body has for exercise. Like Taurine, it’s another antioxidant, but also has anti-aging and immunity-boosting properties.
The 20 active ingredients in Trail work together to increase the mental focus that will help you concentrate better on your workout.
It is incredibly crucial because losing the concentration on your workout means you tire out faster and sometimes end early because the focus just isn’t there anymore.
Alongside your mental focus, you will also witness an increase in your strength and endurance levels that improve the intensity in which you are able to work out. If you’re lifting weights, you’ll be able to pump more and for longer, too.
The vitamins included in the formula work together to keep your immune system running strong during even the most intense workouts. Furthermore, they help with getting rid of any free radicals built up in your body due to a harsh routine and work to protect your cells from oxidative stress.
Put these together, and the pre-workout gives you the formula needed that will lead to burning fat faster and build on some muscle. You can get a lean, fit physique, and on top of looking great, you’ll feel fantastic.
You can take Trail up to 3 times daily as needed for your workout schedule. Simply add a 30g scoop into your water, skimmed milk, or fruit juice 20 to 30 minutes before your workout.
Pros & Cons
There are pros and cons to every product out there, so let’s put them together for Blackwolf Trail to compare the good from the not so good.
- Heavily researched ingredients designed to help women
- No major side-effects
- Comes with 5 training guides
- Free delivery
- Fast results in just a month
Why Blackwolf Huntress Trail?
- Can only be purchased on Blackwolf’s website
- Only have a 14-day money-back guarantee on unopened products.
Blackwolf Huntress is made with women specifically in mind, and that’s an automatic plus on their part. This supplement helps prepare the body for intense workouts, and in the end, the results that come because of it seem to be undeniable.
It’s also mostly side-effect free due to being made with ingredients heavily researched and tested to ensure it’s safe for the human body.
It is important to decide on a good pre-workout because a lot of them can cause jitters and heart palpitations, which lessens a workout with unneeded anxiety. With Blackwolf, you won’t even notice that you’ve taken anything.
So, you’ll want to use Blackwolf Huntress Trail if you are looking for:
Click here to Get the Best Deal on the Blackwolf Huntress Pack from the Official Website.
- Improved focus and motivation
- Immediate energy level increase
- Boosted endurance and strength
- Help in burning unwanted fat
2. 4 Gauge - Strongest Pre-Workout for Women
is a supplement made specifically for pre-workouts and can be used safely by men and women. How can it possibly work right for women if men can use it too?
The reason is it’s not loaded with testosterone boosting ingredients, and the ingredients are just as useful for the woman's body.
4 Gauge is designed to improve your motivation to hit the gym and hit it hard, helping in your desire to push your limits and get the results you’ve been desperate for. By being better prepared for these intense workouts, it’ll help burn your fat and build your muscles.
One of the best things you’ll find about 4 Gauge is it is naturally sweetened and only has 5 calories. No artificial sweeteners, all-natural sources, and with only 5 calories, 4 Gauge seems like it’s a dream. Anyone can use it safely without side effects, which makes it different from most other supplements out there.
The ingredients in 4 Gauge is where all the magic comes from. Let’s take a look at them and what each of them do to help make 4 Gauge work its magic.
Click here to Learn more about the Ingredients in 4 Gauge on the Official Website.
How Does it Work?
- Caffeine (150mg): Caffeine is a popular ingredient, and many people live by it every day. The way that it helps in 4 Gauge is much in the way that it helps those that drink a coffee every morning: it energizes you. It stimulates your brain and increases your alertness, helping with preparing your body for a workout. Women tend to be a little more sensitive to caffeine, but 4 Gauge uses a smaller dose to make sure no effects come from it.
- L-Theanine (200mg): L-Theanine is an amino acid that works together with caffeine in a way that it ensures you don’t experience an energy crash whenever your workout is over. Caffeine and L-Theanine paired together is called "Smart Caffeine," and these two ingredients are what 4 Gauge considers to be their secret. Whereas caffeine wakes you up and gets you started, L-Theanine will keep you going in a natural manner. It also has calming effects.
- L-citrulline DL-malate (6,000mg): This nifty amino acid gives a massive boost of your nitric oxide levels, which allows more blood to pass through your veins. What this does is allows more oxygen to get through your body and straight to your muscles, allowing for your muscle gains to be incredible. The reason for the high dosage is because it’s the optimum amount needed for the best results.
- Rhodiola Rosea (100mg): This herb has been used in traditional Chinese medicine for centuries and with good reason. It works to combat depression and fatigue, meaning that it will improve your motivation to get out and work out. It will also help to keep you in a good mood throughout your workout, which will lead to a longer workout, the better that you feel.
- Red Beet (300mg): Red beetroot is another booster to the nitric oxide levels in your body. Meaning, another ingredient that helps to increase your blood flow and helps even more oxygen get to your muscles.
- Acetyl L-Carnitine (500mg): Another amino acid that is common in bodybuilding supplements, Acetyl L-Carnitine, boosts your energy levels and reduces any damage done to your muscles. It increases your energy levels because it actually works to reduce any fatigue you may feel, leading to a more alert workout. Add on its fat-lowering properties and how it repairs your muscles after an intense session, and it's clear why this ingredient is so useful.
4 Gauge gets its name because it’s considered a 4 in 1 formula.
All of the ingredients work together to help the body in 4 areas to improve an upcoming workout:
- Increase strength
- Improve focus
- Improve endurance
- Give intense muscle pumps.
These are important when taking a pre-workout supplement because that’s what taking one is all about. They are about preparing your body and mind for the workout to come, and to help you to keep it going when you would otherwise get tired and lose motivation.
The longer you can go, and the more motivated you feel, the better your overall results will be. With 4 Gauge’s “smart caffeine” formula, you get that initial alertness with the ability to keep going even after your workout is done. That’s one of the main reasons we decided to put it on this list.
The dosage for 4 Gauge is very flexible and can be adjusted per person to fit your own personal preference. The recommendation is 2 scoops into the water before your workout, but how long before is up to you.
Some people take it 15 minutes before, while others take it anywhere between 30-45 minutes. You can up or lower this dosage as you see fit, depending on your body's tolerance and effects.
Pros & Cons
So, now that we know how it works, what about the real pros and cons that come with it? Let’s take a look.
- Natural ingredients
- Increased energy
- Improved focus
- Enhanced endurance
- No artificial sweeteners
- Only 5 calories per serving
Why 4 Gauge?
- Only sold on 4 Gauge’s website
- Only comes in one flavor.
- Not made just for women.
Just like Blackwolf, 4 Gauge is made with natural ingredients that won’t do the body any permanent harm. It’s a great pre-workout supplement because of how it immediately gives you that alert energy and then keeps it going even after the workout.
You can focus on losing that body fat and gaining muscle, and then keep that good mood and energy as you continue with the rest of your day.
4 Gauge is worth using because it’ll crush that lack of motivation to get you up and moving. Improve your life by improving your overall mood as well as getting your summer body looking fantastic.
Click here to Get the Best Discount on 4 Gauge from the Official Website
Performance Lab SPORT Pre
is a pre-workout that’s a little more unique than the others on our list. Two of its most significant boasts is that it's caffeine-free and vegan-friendly.
It is very important for many women who are sensitive to caffeine, vegan, or both. If you fall into those two categories, then this is a pre-workout worth looking into.
Whereas the other two products we’ve discussed were both powders, Performance Lab comes in capsule form, which alleviates the problem of not liking the flavor it leaves in your mouth.
Furthermore, the lack of caffeine in its ingredients makes it a perfect choice for those that workout later in the day, either because of time management or preference.
Just like any other supplement that’s been on our list so far, the way the supplement works really comes down to the ingredients that are in it. So how does Performance Lab work if it doesn’t have caffeine? Let’s break it down and take a look.
Click here to See the Full List of Ingredients on the Performance Lab Website.
How Does it Work?
- Creapure® Creatine (1250mg): Creatine is popular in a lot of pre-workout supplements and with good reason. It produces ATP, which is a high-energy fuel that your muscles use. It helps to improve your strength and fight your body's fatigue. Furthermore, it works to repair your muscles, along with assisting them in growing. It is also great for keeping your cells hydrated due to being a powerful osmolyte, which keeps you from dehydrating during a workout.
- Setria® Performance Blend (2200mg): This is a combination of two compounds known as Citrulline and Glutathione. We already learned about Citrulline in 4 Gauge, so what about Glutathione? Glutathione is an antioxidant made of three amino acids:
Each one has a different role, but they come together to make Glutathione help with relieving your stress, increase your blood flow, and boost your overall endurance. Combining Glutathione and Citrulline in this blend will boost and sustain your nitric oxide levels better than if they were just by themselves.
- CarnoSyn® (800mg): CarnoSyn is Beta-Alanine and is another common ingredient found in weight loss and workout supplements. It helps to rid your body of acid in the cells as well as metabolic residue in your muscles. In addition, this ingredient boosts the carnosine in the muscles, improving the strength and enhancing muscle gains.
- Himalayan Pink Salt (350mg): Himalayan Pink Salt contains 84 different minerals. The reason for this salt in Performance Lab is because it helps you to retain your electrolytes during a workout, and then will help you quickly replenish anything that is lost. So, what does this mean? It means you will stay hydrated longer and get rehydrated faster.
- Pine Bark Extract (100mg): This is another nitric oxide booster, helping to dilate those veins and get that oxygen to your muscles. It also combats systematic stress and improves your overall performance and recovery after an intense workout.
- Iron (2.5mg): Iron is a mineral that the body requires to survive, but how does it help with a pre-workout supplement? It’s another combatant against fatigue that threatens to weigh you and your workouts down. Not only that, but iron plays a key part for women. Just a little bit of iron in the pre-workout supplement you decide on can help prevent you from facing iron deficiency, which can lead to serious health problems.
The particular blends of the ingredients in this pre-workout supplement do some pretty amazing things when put together in the capsules you take.
One such action is supporting your muscle growth and oxygenation due to boosting the nitric oxide levels. It will help give you a lean figure to die for.
Even after your workout is over, Performance Lab helps to keep those nitric oxide levels sustained, which gives the benefits of a faster recovery. Your muscles will get the ingredients from the supplement from the increased blood flow post-workout, helping to repair them and boost your strength. You will get a quicker, less painful recovery.
Your anaerobic and aerobic exercises will be enhanced with the muscle-charging ATP energy and keeping your body hydrated as you work out.
It is another way your endurance is increased, and you can work out for longer, knowing you won’t come out of it feeling weak from dehydration.
The recommended dose for taking Performance Lab is to take 6 capsules about 45-60 minutes before you start your workout. It’s best to use Performance Lab regularly, so it’s best to use if you have a steady, frequent routine that you’re planning to stick by.
Pros & Cons
It’s a little more difficult to look at the pros and cons fully of Performance Lab because some of the pros could be cons for others and vice versa.
We are going to compile this list with those in mind that are looking for a caffeine-free and an alternative to those who prefer capsules to powder.
- Natural ingredients
- Highly researched formula
- Vegan friendly
- Capsule form
- No sweeteners
Why Performance Lab?
- Only available for purchase on Performance Lab’s website
- Contains no vitamins
- Some ingredients are argued as not being optimal for a workout.
As we mentioned before, Performance Lab is to be considered for those looking for not only a natural way to prepare for a workout, but also do so in a vegan-friendly, caffeine-free way.
If you would rather capsules over powders, this is one of the better rated, affordable capsule-form pre-workout supplements in the market today.
So, if you are looking for a supplement that will help with your:
- Muscle Gains
In a way that is friendlier on your body, this may be the pre-workout supplement for you.
Click here to Get the Best Deal on Performance Lab SPORT Pre from the Official Website.
What Ingredients Are Good to Look for in Pre-Workout Supplements?
The ingredients in your pre-workout supplement are what makes the product work, so it's important to look at what you're about to put into your body to see if it is going to do what it's supposed to.
Some of the most common ingredients in these supplements with high reviews and give results that you’ll find are:
All of the above supplements have at least one or more of these ingredients, and the explanations to how they work the body is more than enough reason why they are essential.
Do the supplements you take have to have all of these ingredients? Of course not! But having a mix of any of these is always a good sign that the supplement is on the right track to working well for the female body.
Is It Really Okay for Women to Use Pre-Workout Supplements?
are popular in the men's world, and there’s even been some rumors that they could be harmful to women.
They say this is because many pre-workout supplements out there contain testosterone boosting ingredients, which can cause a lot of unsightly side effects for women who don’t want them.
So, is it okay for women to take pre-workout supplements? The answer is yes! There are many supplements out there that do not have testosterone boosters, just like the three we discussed here.
Only one of these products was made specifically for women, so you don’t even necessarily have to look for women-only products.
However, there are a lot of pre-workout supplements on the market that are made for and targeted towards women. It has become more popular and accepted in the recent years for women to take these supplements, and the results certainly don’t lie.
Just be sure to research the product and avoid any nasty side effects due to ingredients that don’t mix well with the woman's body.
What Benefits Can Be Gained from Using Pre-Workout Supplements?
There are plenty of benefits that a woman can experience by using pre-workout supplements. They are a perfect compliment to an intense workout and will help get that body you are working for.
Some of the benefits of using a pre-workout supplement include:
For those that aren’t too acquainted with working out, this may not seem like that big of a benefit, but we assure you that it is. If you can’t focus on your workout, then your motivation will drop like an anchor.
Getting that boost in your focus will help you concentrate on what you are doing, hence helping to keep your motivation towards that sexy body.
The increase in energy before a workout is key to getting started and keeping it going. You can see the improved focus that helps you stay into it, but without the energy to back it up, you’re still going to fall short. Supplements can help increase your strength and sustain it throughout your workout
This goes hand in hand with the above two, and almost all supplements work to increase all three.
The enhanced endurance is your stamina that keeps you going all the way to the end of your workout. It keeps you from feeling weak before you should, and possibly even be able to go for longer.
The whole point to these supplements is to prepare your body for workouts, and workouts are targeted to getting fit and staying fit.
So, of course, these supplements are also packed full of ingredients that are going to help you with that. By helping to rid the body of fat and increase your muscle gains, supplements will help you get your desired figure.
Pre-workout supplements can help to boost your metabolism rates, which are key to helping your body burn unwanted fat. With having a higher metabolism, your body tears through calories, and your muscle gains are much faster.
Working out tends to leave the body feeling achy and all sorts of worn out.
Using an excellent pre-workout supplement can not only help with reducing those pains, but also help you to recover faster and feel like it never took place. It can mean more frequent workouts that you weren’t able to achieve otherwise.
What Are the Possible Side Effects from Using Pre-Workout Supplements?
No supplement or medication is without any kind of side effect, and it’s always best to consult your physician before starting a new supplement to ensure it is right for you.
It also helps when consulting your physician to talk to them about the dosage you should begin with based on your body type and weight.
Taking the wrong dosage amount is where a lot of the following side effects come from:
- High blood pressure
If you are experiencing any of these side effects, it is more than likely that the dosage is not correct for you.
Lower your dosage until your body builds up the tolerance, and once you’ve been taking it for a while and your body is used to it, then you can try to take the recommended amount again.
If you are taking any medications or have a long list of allergies, bring this up to your doctor to ensure it will not clash with your medication or won’t cause an allergic reaction.
Are Pre-Workout Supplements Safe to Use?
Yes, pre-workout supplements are safe to use and will not cause any lifelong adverse effects on the body. It is important to remember to follow the recommended dosage and not take more than the suggested amount.
If you witness any side effects, consult your physician. Always buy the product straight from the manufacturer when possible to ensure you really are getting what you are paying for.
Are Pre-Workout Supplements Legal?
In most countries, yes, pre-workout supplements are legal. If you are unsure if pre-workout supplements are legal in your country, research it before purchasing the product.
What Is the Best Pre-Workout Supplement for Women?
With so many brands out there to choose from, it’s difficult to say which are better than the rest, but always research the product before purchasing as not all have good reviews and proven results from testimonials.
That said, try to check out some of the brands that we’ve discussed in this article as they have proven well in both reviews and testimonial results.
How Do I Use Pre-Workout Supplements?
Each supplement will come with its own set of instructions that you should follow unless your doctor says otherwise. Do not increase the dosage without consulting with your physician first to avoid unwanted side effects.
When Is the Right Time to Take Pre-Workout Supplements?
Again, this is listed on the instructions, but they are usually required to be taken anywhere from 15-45 minutes before your workout. However, read the instructions first before taking to ensure proper usage.
Pre-workout supplements are a great addition to add into your workout routine to help get rid of fat fast and get a lean figure that you won’t be embarrassed to show off.
There are many different brands out there to choose from, but we highly recommend Blackwolf Huntress Trail
, 4 Gauge
, and Performance Lab Sport Pre
for the reason that we believe they really do work.
With natural ingredients and good availability at affordable prices, all three are definitely worth taking the time looking into.
It all comes down to your personal preference of wanting caffeine or not, powder or capsules, and what ingredients you want to put into your body. The choice is yours. Pick one and get your workouts ready today.